L. Kelly Jones - Founding Partner
(817) 265-0440 | E-mail Kelly
Mr. Jones founded the firm in 1980. He graduated from the University of Texas in 1978 with a Juris Doctorate degree, and from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1975 with a Bachelor of Arts degree (high honors).
A life fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation, Mr. Jones is rated “AV-Preeminent 5.0” by Martindale-Hubbell, a peer review directory. This rating indicates “that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
Mr. Jones was board certified in commercial real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1984, and was re-certified in 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009, and 2014. He is the author of the article Texas Mechanics’ and Materialmen’s Lien Laws: A Guide through the Maze, which appeared in the Texas Bar Journal in March of 1985.
Mr. Jones, who is licensed in Texas and Colorado, served from 1985 through 1989 on the Arlington City Council, and on the Stephen F. Austin State University Board of Regents from 1987 through 1993 (chairman, 1991 - 1993). He also served from 2009 through 2015, and again presently, on the Westworth Village City Council, where he serves as mayor pro tem, chairman of the Finance Committee, and is a past president of the Westworth Redevelopment Authority, a Texas non-profit economic development corporation.
Mr. Jones served from 1997-2006 as chief executive officer and chief financial officer of VirTra Systems, Inc., a then fully-reporting public company whose shares traded on the OTC Bulletin Board. He also served from 2006-2009 on the board of directors of Spicy Pickle Franchising, Inc., a public company whose shares traded on the OTC Bulletin Board.
Kelly and his wife of 39 years, Susan, live in Westworth Village, and love to visit their second home outside Vail, Colorado. Kelly is a professional scuba divemaster, and is a certified underwater photography instructor. He enjoys photography, wine, and his beloved Texas Longhorns.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- Construction Law
- Municipal Law
Education and Honors
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Stephen F. Austin State University, B.A. (high honors), 1975
- Board Certified, commercial real estate law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1984 - present)
- Rated “AV-Preeminent 5.0,” Martindale-Hubbell
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Who’s Who in American Law, 1992
- Who’s Who in Texas Today, 1986
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities, 1975
- Eagle Scout
- Texas, 1978
- Colorado, 1989
- United States Supreme Court, 1985
- United States Court of Appeals, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1979
- United States Tax Court, 1980
- Arlington City Council, 1985 - 1989; chairman, Budget & Audit Committee
- Westworth Village City Council (2018 - present; 2009 - 2015), mayor pro tem; chairman, Finance Committee
- Board of Regents, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1987 - 1993 (chairman, 1991 - 1993)
- Westworth Redevelopment Authority, 2009 - 2015, (president, 2010 - present)
- Cancer Assistance Fund of North Texas, 2004 - present; vice-chairman, 2004 - present
- North Texas Higher Education Authority, Inc. board of directors, 1990 - 1992
- Young Men for Arlington, president 1985
- Administrative assistant to Texas Senator Roy Blake, 65th Legislature, 1977